Ever feel overwhelmed by your environment? Does it sometime feel like others energy soaks into your personal space? Ever catch yourself feeling exhausted, angry, irritable, moody, or sick for no reason–it just came like a sudden flood out of no where? Have you ever asked yourself why you are so sensitive to others around you and the environment?
The good news is these feelings might NOT be yours.
You may be what others call an “empath” also know as a “highly sensitive person” (HSP). Empaths are highly sensitive of the environment and energy. Often they can sense others energy and even absorb others energy. They can sense how another person is feeling just by being in proximity or seeing the person as if the feeling is in their OWN body.
The following list is provided by Michael R. Smith, Ph.D of EmpathConnection.com to help you discover if you are an empath.
You May Be An Empath If…
1. You look at someone and “just know” their emotional state.
2. You can feel the energy coming at you (or being drained) from another person, especially from the eyes.
3. You have a blocked feeling in your chest [or core], as if someone is tugging on it.
4. Tend to run away from people when stressed, rather than engage.
5. You’ve been called “oversensitive,” especially if you’re male.
6. Always know where danger may lurk. (Curiously, you may have avoided accidents).
7. Are drawn to the tranquility of animals.
8. Are drawn to mountains, nature, the ocean – anywhere outdoors.
9. Can not bear violence in any form.
10. Can easily produce tears, sometimes at will.
11. You can feel the physical aches & pains of others.
12. Feel better after a good, intense cry.
13. See things from the “bigger picture” and from “the larger scheme of things.”
14. Are overwhelmed by large crowds or mobs (e.g. shopping malls).
15. Can sometimes feel affected by the energy of the full moon.
16. Have intense, fantastic, and sometimes lucid, dreams.
If this sounds like you… You’re not alone.
Here are some solutions to clearing negative energy Mark and I found useful. Everyone is different, so try them out to see which ones work better for you.
The number one key is to STAY GROUNDED in your body. This means getting regular exercise, eating nutritional food, and cutting out overstimulating things in your life.
Clearing Negative Energy In Your Environment:
1. Smudging your home with sage.
2. Doing Meditation and taking deep breaths.
3. Strategically placing bowls of sea salt in your home to protect you from entrance of negative energy. The salt acts as an absorbent to negative energy.
4. Using protective stones and crystals. Some good protective stones that repel negative energy are Onyx and Obsidian. While Amber and black tourmaline acts more like absorbers. And Amethyst is considered a healing stone. So you may also want to consider wearing protective stone jewelry. (Just remember to clean the stones regularly with sea salt and water.)
5. Physically clean the place. This removes the old energy and keep the place in high vibration.
Elevating Your Personal Energy and Grounding Yourself:
1. Take a nice warm shower.
2. Take a nice bath using Epsom Salt. Epsom Salt is to help you cut the psychic connection with others so that they are no longer pulling you. Plus, it helps your tired body relax.
3. Use essential oil or scent such as lavender, eucalyptus, rosemary, etc. to calm and relax yourself.
4. Get a nice massage.
6. Going outside for some sun.
7. Doing any type of physical activities that will help you stay grounded in your body. (e.g. Yoga, Tai Chi, martial art, jogging, boxing, exercise, or some kind of sports you enjoy, etc.)
8. Get some fresh air.
9. Connect with nature.
10. Going to ocean, forest, or mountain area also helps you rejuvenate.
11. Surrounding yourself around plants or trees of high energy.
12. Drink pure water. (Bless your water with positive energy before drinking it. And remember to thank it for purifying your body as you drink it.)
13. Eat proper balance nutritious meals.
14. Feel your emotions.
15. Take care of yourself.
We found some of these tips helpful:
Check out Michael’s Complete Empath Toolkit here.
Empath & Highly Sensitive People Energy Tips: Dr. Michael Smith